Presenter: Hardy Merriman / Vice President & Director for Content Development, International Center on Nonviolent Conflict
Date: Monday, June 17th. 2013
Time: 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Description: Strategic planning and tactical choices are essential considerations in effective civil resistance. This session will offer a strategic framework with which to analyze civil resistance movements. It will also examine numerous tactics available to civil resisters and explore issues involved in tactical choice, success and failure.
- Presentation Slides
- Storify of tweets and photos
- Helvey, Robert. On Strategic Nonviolent Conflict: Thinking about the Fundamentals.
- Sharp, Gene. 198 Methods of Nonviolent Action.
- Sharp, Gene. There Are Realistic Alternatives. Boston, MA: The Albert Einstein Institution, 2003.
- Popovic, Srdja & Slobodan Djinovic, Andrej Milivojevic, Hardy Merriman, Ivan Marovic. A Guide to Effective Nonviolent Struggle. Belgrade, Serbia: Centre for Applied Nonviolent Action and Strategies [CANVAS], 2007.